Tuesday, July 19, 2011

more comments to copy, edit or add your own verbage to

Mr. Ingersoll,


Hey, I know you are probably receiving a lot of emails and this may not get read, but I thought I should at least try.

My family and I ride the dunes several times a year. It is a lot of fun; and it brings revenue to those communities that we ride at. With gas, food, firewood, and even the occasional liquor store purchase :) We usually spend 200-300$ every time we go. And it is one expense that we haven't cut out because of our budget because of the fun that the entire family has.

We used to ride the Joshua Lane Dunes in Florence, but those were closed. My two kids 9 and 10 were crushed when this happened. The adults are pretty upset to, it just seems like a waste to not be able to have some sort of accesses to them. Can it be opened as a day use park, and we will pay you to use it?

Now I hear talk of closing more dunes? I just don't understand. Isn't that part of living here in beautiful Oregon. To be able to leave town and drive a few hours and ride the sand, play in the ocean, and camp out with friends and family. Riding ATV's is a true passion for people here in Oregon, and we are really hoping that there can be some compromise on why the trails and dunes need to be closed. People will pay to ride, so charge, charge, charge! Oregon can make some money and people can continue to ride and have a break from life.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this.



Sincerely,

Angie Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment