Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Heather - North Bend, Or

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter in regards to saving our dunes! As I speak for my family and im sure many others, if we lose our privleges to the dunes as riders and sand dune recreationists we will have no reason to stay in this area. We love our times at the dunes and it is apart of our memories as children and as adults and for our children. Spending time in the dunes is a part of who we are as south coasties! This area does not have much to offer our personality type people! Going out on the dunes does something for our soul, helps us be better people, gives us that release. It is a huge part of our economy for this area too! Look at all the ATV shops, those are mainly family owned businesses, don't take their liveihood away, that maybe all they have. People come here from all over the world to enjoy our dunes, and the riding experience. As for us tearing up the dunes, that is just not true. The dunes are just as beautiful as they were 25 years ago. I am born and raised on this coast and have spent my life on the sand. There is plenty of restricted areas for people to go if they are not into the sport of riding, like Bandon. Being out on the dunes is fun for the whole family, and it doesnt cost an arm and a leg. I bought a 4runner just so I can take my girls for a ride anytime. To see the look on their faces and the excitement that fills our 4runner is priceless!

 I do believe in management of the dunes and certain regulations for safety, there are a lot of people who need rules to follow as well as consequences. I have noticed a huge change in the company of campers since new laws regarding no alcohol has been in place. It makes the feel more family orientated and I support it. I dont mind paying a small fee for my dune sticker either, I am hoping it goes towards the up keep of our staging areas, bathrooms and state park rangers to patrol.

 Anyway I strongly support saving our dunes for our riders, for our coast communities, for our sanity! Please take every word I have spoke to heart because that is where it is coming from.

                                                                      Thank you for your time!
                                                                       Heather McNeil                                                                    
                                                                      North Bend Or
                                                                    

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment