Thursday, June 24, 2010

Robert - Bend, Or

To whom it may concern,


I wanted to write a short letter telling you why i think closing MORE of OUR dunes down will affect my family.  I grew up in the Coos Bay/North Bend area and currently live in Bend, Oregon.  I grew up out on the sand dunes with my dad and mom and all of there friends when there were no atv's other than an occasional 3 wheeler.  We would take long trail rides in an old 72' chevy blazer, take trips from boxcar hill to the beach and have bbq's.  It was some of the greatest childhood memories. 


I now am married and building a family of my own, and have recently got my wife into the dunes and building 4 wheelers.  In todays world where most families rarely do a lot TOGETHER, this is something that we both love and would do everyday if we could.  I don't know a lot about all of the closures other than they affect us directly when it comes to enjoying what we love to do.  We go to all of the different dune recreation areas and love to explore where every single trail goes just because its new and fun.  Now with all the closures it is getting certain areas so small that they are not fun for us to travel to anymore.  I can't even imagine all the people who have lost there jobs, or will lose there jobs because the tourism dollars go away.  I say to you that want to shut the dunes down....You are hurting that little kid who looks up to his or her parents and wants to grow up and bring there family to the dunes, and beaches to enjoy someday.


Sincerely,


Robert and Brandi Keady

No comments:

Post a Comment